List of the Best Luxury Family Holiday Resorts UK
One of the most frequently asked questions that I receive is where are the best luxury family holiday resorts in the UK? Nothing beats a quick weekend away to Cambridge, or a roam around the streets of Baths, or a spring break in Berkshire. The choice to reset, recharge, and share that quality time together in some amazing luxury family-friendly hotels within a few hours’ drive is simply magical.
Perhaps you are looking for the best UK hotels and resorts for a ladies’ getaway or the best luxury hotels with swimming pools and spa, this post reflects an outstanding list of the best luxury family holiday resorts the UK. It has been carefully written to reflect the uniqueness of varying locations around the UK, the facilities of the resorts, the pros, and the cons and value for money.
Dive in for the very best luxury family holiday resorts in Scotland, Wales, South of England, North of England, West of England, and the East of England.
Best Luxury Family Holiday Resorts UK – Scotland
The Gleneagles Hotel
The Gleneagles Hotel is a golf-centric hotel set beneath the beautiful Ochil hills and staying at the Gleneagles is a once in a lifetime experience, you will be treated with all the respect you deserved from their friendly and sometimes overzealous staff. The Gleneagles is a member of the leading hotel in the world and your expectations will be met here.
Pros of staying at The Gleneagles Hotel
- Fabulous location: With its dedicated train station, The Gleneagles is the perfect luxury hotel for a weekend escape from London. You will arrive at The Gleneagles in five hours on the train from London, in one hour from Glasgow with a car and a 60 minutes flight from East Midlands.
- Art Deco Style and Design: If you are a fan of Art Deco style, character, and design, you will love it at The Gleneagles. The interior design pays homage to the exquisite elegance of the Art Deco style with soft red velvet furnishings and gold trimmings around furniture and lightning.
- Excellent Facilities: As expected from a member of the leading hotels in the world, the facilities at The Gleneagles Hotel are excellent, you will get daily breakfast, check-in from 12 noon and 4 pm checkout time, a complimentary WIFI, room upgrade at your request, a complimentary round of golf for 2 (once during your stay) and a paid spa sessions. There is also an opportunity to experience Scottish culture and history at its best. You can book a fully dressed Scottish pipe piper.
Cons of staying at The Gleneagles Hotel
- You cannot book your stay with points
- The Gleneagles Hotel does not offer hotel loyalty programs.
Is The Gleneagles Hotel Family-Friendly?
Yes, The Gleneagles Hotel is a great family-friendly hotel. You will get a babysitting service, special menu requests, and the all-important spa for parents to unwind.
Book your stay at The Gleneagles Hotel here.
Best Luxury Family Holiday Resorts UK – Wales
The Celtic Manor
I first heard about the Celtic Manor after it played host to the 2010 Ryder cup tournament and it is easy to why such an amazing event on held on this ground. The Celtic Manor sits on 2,000 plus glorious acres in Newport, Wales and it is truly a majestic luxury family holiday resort. If you are looking for a spa weekend away in Wales, this ticks off the box. If you are looking for stunning golf courses, The Celtic Manor is where you need to head. The Celtic Manor is home to four different hotels, a country inn, and private luxury lodges.
The Celtic Manor is for everyone including families with little children. They offer a fantastic child-care facility so that you can relax.