The first impression you receive when you arrive at a luxurious hotel either leaves a sweet or sour taste in your mouth.
My luxurious travels have enabled me to stay at several grand hotels and the first impression I receive goes a long way in my recommendation of the hotel to friends, family and the 13weekstravel community.
Here is the ultimate guide to maximise your experience?
- Did they welcome you with the correct pronunciation of your name? – You will understand how frustrating this is if you have a ten-letter last name like I do. I mean, with a quick google translate service, a luxury hotel should go that extra mile for you.
- Did they welcome you with a drink? It might have taken a certain amount of time to travel and arrive at your hotel. You really don’t want to start the lengthy checking in without a drink first. If you’re not offered one, ask for one.
- Did the space, colour, texture represent anything close to the culture, history or art of the location or country you’re visiting? Nothing is more off putting than mismatch design and interior decor. Many people have genuine interest in design and this truly matters to them. Would you be put off if the hotel had artificial flowers rather than a vase of fresh flowers?
- Are loyalty programs available? With my Hilton Hotel loyalty card, I earn base points when I stay at any of their hotels. This base points can then be used to pay for future stay.
- How accommodating are they to your request? Are you celebrating an occasion whilst on holiday? Could it be that it’s your birthday, anniversary or something? Let the hotel know and watch out for their reaction. All the hotels I have stayed at have actually gone the extra mile to accommodate my celebration requests.
When you have a jaw-dropping first impression, you will be eager to revisit and return to them over and over again.